Monday, November 1, 2010

Saturday in Driscoll & Corpus Christi

We left San Antonio early to be in Driscoll by 10 am.   Our Family (Sisters, Brother and spouses) met at the Driscoll Cemetery for the blessing of our Mother's newly placed tombstone.  My Brother worked very hard to make this very important event happen.   He and his wife planned this very special day of Unity for our Family.  Here are some photos of our gathering at My Mom & Dad's grave. 

My only Brother, Jesse Aleman, Jr.  He ordered the stone and had it placed, along with my Dad's and Cousin, Leonel's stones.  Thank you, Brother for your hard work.

Halloween Weekend 007

Halloween Weekend 018      Halloween Weekend 021

To the right of my Mom are My Dad who passed away at the age of 50 in 1972 and my Cousin, Leonel who passed away in 1950 at the age of 20.  My Dad was a WWII Veteran and My Cousin was killed in the Korean War.  We are so honored to have had these two Great Men in our Lives, even if for such a short time.   We are so thankful for their service to our Great Country.

Halloween Weekend 008

My sisters, Carmen& Dolores, My brother, Jesse and my sisters, Alma and Josie.  I love my family.

Halloween Weekend 016

We each stand with our spouse...

Halloween Weekend 011

More Family members that attended.  This was an emotional gathering but happy that we were together.

Halloween Weekend 017

After the blessing, we all headed to Corpus Christi to meet at My Brother and Wife's home.   They had cooked a great meal for us.

Halloween Weekend 023

This was a wonderful opportunity to reminisce about old times.  We had such a wonderful day.

Halloween Weekend 029

Our nephew, Enrique Aleman, Jr. who is a Professor at the University of Utah, is our Family Historian.  

He has many stories, history and pictures.   We are all intrigued with what he has to show us.  Rick is the oldest son

of our oldest sister, Lupe who passed away at a very young age of cancer.

Halloween Weekend 033

Halloween Weekend 037

We have planned to do this again.   Our Thanks to everyone for sharing their time with us.

No comments: