Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Jury Duty

I was summoned to jury duty so I headed to Downtown San Antonio.  I knew this would be a day of sitting around and waiting.  There were at least 1000 people summoned on this day!  By 9 am they had picked groups of 75 and I was in the third group called on.  We were taken upstairs to a jury room and waited there another 2 hours then released for a 30 minute lunch break. 

There was a lot of activity going in to the jury room and also coming out while we waited.  Finally, the Judge calls us in and in the presence of two attorneys, we are told what has been going on while we waited.  The lawyers have been negotiating and finally they decide to settle out of court.  Wow! 

We were thanked for our service, given a certificate for being present and told we would receive a $6 check in the mail.

We were released and I headed home.  What a Day!  I should not be called again for another 3 years. 

This is the new addition to the courthouse.    The historical courthouse is the red building on the left with a green roof. 

IMG_2366   IMG_2364

1 comment:

Jesse Aleman said...

Call of duty we must do it .