Monday, January 29, 2018

Spring Break - Road Trip to Colorado Springs - March 2017

Joe had been planning a road trip to Colorado Springs for some of his ROTC Cadets in March 2017.  He invited me to go as one of the chaperones.  Joe was the ROTC Instructor at the high school.  This group of young people were so excited as some of them had never been out of San Antonio.  They all enjoyed this trip tremendously as did I.  We all learned a lot during this Trip.  So grateful to have been a part of this team.
Day 2 on the road.  We made overnight stops at Military bases along the way.  
Made several pit stops along the way.  All Happy Campers!  Great Kids!

These three young men were the ones I was in charge of every night for the week.  We always had 2 bedrooms.  I had one room, they had another.  These boys were always so polite and well behaved.  This was the first night and we took a selfie.  Cute!

There was still a lot of snow on the ground.  It was just beautiful!  They had a great time playing in the snow.

Joe had arranged for us to get a behind the scenes guide.  This tour was very impressive.  Manuel and I had stayed here several times during our travels but never knew what all went on behind the scenes.  It is a great facility for young airmen.  Several of the students are very interested in this school.  Wish them well.



One of the days we took the Cog up to Pikes Peak.  It was super cold but it was also a beautiful view from the mountain.






Yep, I was cold but loving it!

What a gorgeous view!  Never get tired of visiting Pikes Peak! 
Another day, we visited Garden of The Gods.  A beautiful place that God created.





Another day we went to the stables and we all rode on horses!  Yes, me too!  It was a bit scary but by the end I got used to the horse and it was fun.




Corina asked them to give me the tamest horse.  I was scared but got over it.  Had fun.  I had not ridden on a horse in about 40 years.  Survived!


 
We got a tour of the flight line.  Amazing!



Even though it was pretty cold here, the kids all went swimming in the indoor pool.  

We visited the Wolf Refuge  and it was also very interesting; especially when they got all the wolves howling at the same time.  WOW!!


On the last evening in Colorado Springs, we had dinner with Joe's military Buddy.  Hugo, Julia, Clarissa  & Aaron are a very sweet Family.  We enjoyed their company and the meal was delicious.  Hugo was one of our guides at the Air Force Academy.    He showed me his collection of sports jerseys and got me to wear one of his favorites!!

I Really Really am a SPURS Fan!!

This was an awesome trip!  Love Colorado.  Thank you Joe & Corina for the opportunity!!

No comments: