Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Friends' RV Camp on The Conejos River

We entered the Rio Grande National Forest  and drove a few miles to the park...beautiful drive thru the mountains.

Conejo River 111

Manuel had not seen Linda since he was in the service so it was nice to see her.  She and I had communicated via email but it was great meeting her.

Conejo River 120

Conejo River 160

Every site is perfect here...we got all set up.

Conejo River 118

We have a great view any way we look....

Conejo River 123

The park is surrounded by the Conejos River as the property circles around.  Of course, Charlie and I walked the area.

Looking one way down the river...

Conejo River 044

and looking the other way..The water is cold. 

Conejo River 065

I walked the rocks to take a picture...

Conejo River 085

Almost looking down the center of the river.

Conejo River 074

Charlie is wondering where we are now....

Conejo River 137

Conejo River 141

As I was by the water, I spotted this Owl.  Isn't it beautiful.  I was kind of afraid of it and I did zoomed it in....

Conejo River 105

It is keeping a close eye on Charlie and me....

Conejo River 103

There are a bunch of chipmunks out here.....

Conejo River 107

cute!

Conejo River 106

Around the park....

Conejo River 119

cabins....

Conejo River 155

more cabins....

Conejo River 156 

The creek/bridge...

Conejo River 157

The unrestored cabins...

Conejo River 158 

Conejo River 159

I saw this lady walking up the hill and she looked just like Janet!  I had to go in the coach and told Manuel about her.   He had already spotted her and thought the same as I did.

Conejo River 144

Conejo River 150

I could not believe it....I later spoke to her and told her she looked like our very good friend....They are from Oklahoma.

Conejo River 152

At 7 pm we were asked to join them for games.....we were ready for games.

Conejo River 162

We taught them to play pass the love which they know as golf but play it different.  John, across from Manuel, and Linda, not pictured, sat and played at our table.  We had a great time and met other guests here at the park.  John won one game and Manuel won the other.

Conejo River 163

This is the church which is across the road ( I zoomed in on it).

Conejo River 148

The holes the chipmunks make in the trees.

Conejo River 136

I am in love with this park.....It is Paradise and very relaxing.

Conejo River 134

We had a Great Day again today. 

No comments: