Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tour of Pearl Harbor



The sacred grounds of Pearl Harbor were amazing.  The history of World War II and the attack on December 7, 1941 were heartfelt.  With my dad having served during World War II, this was especially touching.

It is so serene out here...I can only imagine the bombing taking place on Dec. 7, 1941!!





This Gentleman is a Pearl Harbor survivor and he is greeting people who want to talk to him. I believe there are about 2 or 3 surviving Pearl Harbor Soldiers...  I believe there is a survivir that lived in Driscoll, TX.

I asked him if he would mind taking a picture with Joe and Jesse.  Joe is AF Retired and my brother works heavily in honoring all Soldiers.  He is The Ride Captain with the Patriot Guard Riders of South Texas.  Very proud of all three!   Funny but when I finished taking the picture, the Gentleman asked if he could take a picture with the girls, that was us!!!!
Love the Big Smile on his face.  We were honored to take a picture with him.  It just reminded me that My Dad would have been about his age.  Thank you, Sir for your service and sacrifice!!

The view is spectacular from the Pearl Harbor Historic area.  Pictures don't do it justice and also these are all taken with the cell phone.

We kept running into these soldiers and found out that there was a huge crowd from The Armada of Chile.   They came to honor the fallen soldiers here. More to come on this...

No comments: