Thursday, July 28, 2016

USS Arizona Memorial

Next, we rode a ferry to the USS Arizona Memorial.  Also known as "Home Of The Brave" and it is a tribute to the "Heroes of the Pacific".  Such a sacred memorial....



Many ships are docked here...
                                                                                                                               .


This was especially touching and I got a lump in my throat as I read it.  This shows divers delivering the urn of yet one more survivor being placed deep in the ship where all the other soldiers perished.  This was so sad to me....   Each survivor has a choice of burial here or elsewhere.

The memorial sits over the sunken USS Arizona.  As you look down into the waters, you see the ship!


As we left the memorial, I felt so touched by the tragic happenings of War.  So many lives lost...

No comments: