Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not Much Going On

Lari and Arianna are gone to Disney Land.  They were scheduled to go to Disney World but with the cold blast that came in they made last minute changes on Wednesday.   We talked to them today and are so excited.   They have seen most of the Disney Characters and just talked and talked about Disney.   The weather there is in the 70 so it is perfect.   Their hotel room faces the Disney castle.

Talking to the girls today made my day.....I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection all week.   Manuel bugged me since Tuesday to go to the doctor but I thought it would go away before now.  I woke up again feel really bad and since it is Friday, I decided to call my doctor for a work-in appointment.   She had no openings so I we decided to go to Wilford Hall at Lackland AFB. I did not want to go thru the weekend feeling this bad.  It went pretty smooth but took us about 5 hours there!   I got some meds and hope to start feeling better soon.   This was a good week to get sick since the girls are not here.

I do not take any pictures to post so I decided to post some pictures that have been shared with us recently.

Ed, Manuel's Military Buddy from Wyoming shared this picture with us today.   It was 4 of them that were very close and have remain in touch with each other.   They all look so young, that was in the late 60s.  Part of Dale's face is faded.   Ed took the picture.   Thank you Ed for sharing.

Manuel, Louis, Dale

My Nephew, Jacob Aleman shared this photo with me.  It was taken in the late 70s.  I am on the left, my youngest sister, Alma is center left, My Mother is center right, and My deceased and oldest sister, Lupe is on the right.  Lupe had signed us up for a Christmas Arts and Craft Show in Kingsville, TX that year.  We were making ceramics at that time.   She always encouraged us to make that show and it proved to be a very good show.  We sold a lot there.  We did this show 3-4 years in a row.  I remember those wonderful days so well.  Since our family was all in the South Texas Area, we would get to visit everyone.  How I miss those days!  Thank you Jacob, for sharing this photo.

almasis

My Sister/Aunt Mary and her daughter, Kathy sent this to us this Christmas.   Mary used to live in Lubbock but after retiring, decided to move to the Ft. Worth area where Kathy lives.  Mary grew up with us since she was about 2 years old after my Grandma, mom's mom, died of cancer. We consider her more a sister than an aunt.  Mary and my oldest Sister are only 12 days apart so you can image the closeness here!  Love you Mary and Kathy!

Lamour Christmas 2009

I need to learn to scan some of my old pictures... maybe I will post more later.   Have a good evening.  I will now take my meds and try to get some sleep!  Until next time.

1 comment:

ram and josie said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures......

Hope you feel better soon !!

Love you!!!